Swimming with Sharks will inspire a-ha moments that will make it more fun to be at work, or maybe even make it possible for your business to survive the turbulent economic seas that seem synonymous with building a business in the 21st century.
Entrepreneur, marketing and communications expert Gavin Moffat found remarkable parallels between his two passions: consulting to businesses as they navigate through change, and SCUBA and technical diving. While one seems to be all work and the other all play, achieving success in either requires very similar approaches.
Gavin’s style is to-the-point, irreverent, and frequently funny. This book is a conversation with a friend who asks questions that may make you squirm a little or maybe even wriggle in discomfort. But they’re questions that will make you think – and change the way you think too.
Including contributions from other smart disruptive thinkers, Swimming with Sharks offers exceptional food for thought on these topics and provides guidelines on how to take action.
- Know where you’re going.
- Plan properly, and then stick to the plan, unless it doesn’t make sense any more.
- Make sure you’ve got the equipment you need.
- Maintain your equipment, and your skills.
- Make sure everyone on the team knows what’s got to be done.
- Go on, have the adventure!
- Review what’s working and what isn’t.
- Do it all again, because that was fun, wasn’t it?
In business, as in life and sport, you never know it all. Lifelong learning is the name of the game. You can always improve, do things differently and add more value to your customers. You can never tick learning off your to-do list.
- TITLE: Swimming with Sharks
- SUB-TITLE: Simple Business Guidelines for a Complex World
- AUTHOR: Gavin Moffat
- RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE: R230 (VAT Incl)
- PHYSICAL BOOK ISBN / EAN: 978-0-6399395-8-2
- eBOOK ISBN (ePUB): 978-0-6399395-9-9
- PAGES: 220
- FORMAT: Soft Cover
- DIMENSIONS: 215mm h x 140mm w
- PUBLISH DATE: November 2018